Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Prenatal Blood Screening

Jan/30/2013

13 weeks 5 days

So I got a call from my midwife today to discuss my blood test results. 

I was sure that my iron must be low because I have been more tired than ever, but she told me that my iron levels were the best she had seen in over two years! She also told me what my blood type is and that my haemoglobin, thyroid, and blood clotting factors were excellent. I also tested negative for all STIs and she said that I have nothing to worry about. 

I have to go back in a few more weeks to do my second blood draw to determine if the baby has any chromosomal or neural tube defects. Fingers crossed that those results will be excellent as well. I am confident that they will be, as I saw my baby at 11w4d and it was healthy and perfectly formed then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment