Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Saturday 5 January 2013

The First Doctors Appointment

Nov/27/2012

3 weeks 4 days


So I called my doctor the night I took the test-I just happened to find out that I was pregnant fifteen minutes before they closed. The receptionist told me to come in the next morning!


What was really ironic was that I was at the doctor's for a sinus infection two weeks before then and I was wondering if my body was capable of getting pregnant so soon as oral birth control pills really messed my body up. My doctor said to"relax and it will happen, have fun with it, and to have faith."


I know how much any woman trying to have a baby or thinking about getting pregnant hates the word "relax." I was like..wow...so all I have to do is just relax and it will happen??? (eye rolls)....So I relaxed and then two weeks later I learned I was pregnant. Go figure.


So I was totally expecting this big long appointment where I would get weighed, measured, poked, and prodded, and instead, all he showed me was this wheel that he used to calculate my due date. He gave me a form for a dating ultrasound and I was on my way.


Oh yah...I'm due with baby number one on August 9th 2013!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment