Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Friday 18 January 2013

11 Weeks!

Jan/18/2013

11 weeks-Prune Baby! 



Size of baby:  Just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig.

My baby this week: Your baby is now almost fully formed. His hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under his gums, and some of his bones are beginning to harden.  He's already busy kicking and stretching, and his tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as his body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.

Maternity Clothes: Yup! Now I can actually feel my belly hardening. 

Sleep: Terrible.  Still getting up every morning to pee but I sleep pretty well. What gets me are the horrible vivid nightmares that freak me out! 

Best Moment of the Week: Having our second ultrasound and finding out that our baby is perfect and healthy and seeing it move! 

Movement: The baby is moving around a lot in there but I can't feel it yet. 

Food cravings: My cravings change everyday. This week I was craving a blue Hawaiian cupcake from    Cupcakes but I never got it. 

Gender: Girl I think. 

What I Miss: Wine. A nice glass of white after a long day of work. 

What I'm Looking Forward To:  My next midwife appointment on Wednesday. 

Milestones: One more week until I make my official announcement. 

Emotions: Less moody this week thankfully. 

Symptoms:  Cramps, acne, round ligament pain, nausea, vomiting, exhaustion. 





No comments:

Post a Comment