Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Saturday 5 January 2013

Finding Out

Nov/26/2012

3 weeks 3 days


So I was convinced I wasn't pregnant. In fact, I had told myself that this month nothing would happen and that nothing would happen for months to come. 


On a whim I decided to take a pregnancy test...one of those First Response Early Result (FRER) tests that you always see advertised on commercials. 


I was so nervous that I couldn't even be in the bathroom while waiting for the test results. But...anyone who knows me also knows how impatient I am so I walked into the bathroom after only about a minute (you're supposed to wait three) and the first line I saw was the test line...and then I saw another line. TWO LINES!!!!!!! 


I remember thinking that I was seeing things so I actually picked up the test to have a closer look and I began shaking as I saw two lines. Oh my God...I'm PREGNANT!!!!! 


I called my husband right away crying and told him that the test had two lines and that I was pregnant. I couldn't believe it. In fact, I wasn't going to fully believe it until I saw it in writing. 


So I did what any crazy woman would do and I bought a handful more tests, different brands-pink dye and blue dye. As soon as I got home I peed on all of those tests and they all came back positive...every single one. Even the digital that says the word and how many weeks along you are. 


Yup...I'm pregnant. 




No comments:

Post a Comment