Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Sunday 6 January 2013

First Midwife Appointment

Dec/20/2012

6weeks 5days


This was the day of my first midwife appointment. I was fortunate enough to be my friend's birth partner when she had her first baby and I chose the same care providers as she did. I had had the chance to go to some of her appointments, meet the midwives, and attend her labor and delivery. That said, I was able to see for myself the kind of care I would receive and I was definitely interested in having a midwife rather than an OB. 


So we spent about 45 minutes talking about my symptoms and how I've been feeling. When I explained the extent of my all day sickness, the midwife didn't hesitate to prescribe me Diclectin-which is a medicine used to treat nausea and vomiting in pregnancy that I take four times a day. We also talked about the services they offer and how they structure their appointments. 


So I will be going once every four weeks until 28 weeks, once every three weeks until 36 weeks, and then weekly until delivery! 


I'm so excited to hear my baby's heartbeat on the doppler during my next appointment. 



No comments:

Post a Comment