Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Sunday 6 January 2013

7 Weeks!

7 Weeks-Blueberry Baby!

Dec/21/2012-Dec/27/2012




My baby this week: week your baby's brain is growing at a mind-boggling 100 cells per minute within a see-through skull. If you could peer inside, you'd see those tiny brain cells growing and growing and growing (about as quickly as you feel like yours are shrinking and shrinking and shrinking with your "pregnancy brain"!). More high points include:


Your baby's face is becoming more defined this week. A tiny mouth hole (which will be ready to wail before you know it!), tongue, nostrils and ear indentations are visible. His or her eyes are wide open, but he doesn't have irises (the colored part) yet.

Baby's arm buds are growing. At this point they look more like microscopic ping-pong paddles than arms. Baby's leg buds are also forming and will look like tiny paddles by the end of the week.

The umbilical cord—the connection between your baby and the placenta—is now visible.

Side of baby: Your baby is now between 1/3 and 1/4 inch long—about the length of a Tic Tac and about as heavy as an eyelash. While that sounds tiny, he or she is approximately 10,000 times bigger than at conception. Crazy, huh?


Maternity Clothes: Don't even get me started on this...so bloated it's not even funny..and definitely not cute! 


Sleep: Sleeping pretty well...I get up in the mornings to pee and then I puke and then I eat and go back to sleep. 


Best Moment of the Week: Getting to see my baby at the ultrasound yesterday! 


Movement: No. 


Food Cravings: It changes day by day...I'm craving salty foods, which is weird because I normally have such a big sweet tooth. I can't even stomach any of the chocolate I got for Christmas, which is unheard of for me. 


Gender: Baby's heart beat was 139 bpm at 6w6d and that indicates boy, but the ultrasound tech said that method of gender prediction is very unreliable.  Equally unreliable I'm sure is the ring on a string test-and that said girl. I'm dying of morning sickness and I look horrible (they say a girl steals her mommy's looks) which indicates girl. Oh and I did the Chinese Calendar and it says its a girl too. I've been having girl dreams and I just have this inkling that it is a girl. Fortunately I will be happy either way, but if I find out it is a boy, I think I will be surprised! 


What I Miss: Being able to eat when I'm hungry without feeling like vomiting. 


What I'm Looking Forward to: The end of this horrible and never ending nausea. 


Milestones: Seeing and hearing the baby's heartbeat yesterday. 


Emotions: Snappy, crying over stupid TV commercials, less patient. 


Symptoms: morning sickness, no appetite, cramps, bloating, fatigue, acne, dry hair. 



2 comments:

  1. Have you thought of trying the intelligender test? I know it's pricey, but I think it would be fun. And even thought they can't stand behind the results as 100% accurate, I personally know of 6 people who got correct results. (One of whom used it in both pregnancies and it was right twice!) I also have a friend who used the gendermaker and got correct results. With all they boy/girl musings from this post, I am very curious for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...yah that would be a fun one to try! I may give it a go and if I do I will definitely blog about it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete