Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Wednesday 20 March 2013

Detailed Anatomy Ultrasound

March/15/2013

20 Weeks

Detailed Anatomy Scan!!!!!

Today my husband and I went for our detailed anatomy scan. This is the ultrasound half way through pregnancy where the technician measures the baby in detail in hopes of determining if the baby is healthy. 

This ultrasound was certainly not as exciting as any of the previous ones. I had to go in the room alone and lay down looking at the wall while the technician measured the baby. I had to lay there for awhile because my little boy wouldn't stop moving! 

Finally, my husband got to come in the room and the technician turned the screen so we could see the baby. We got to see the little guy squirming around in there and we could see his heart beating away! Unfortunately, we got really crappy quality photos and the technician would not even confirm the gender or let us hear the heartbeat! 

At my midwife appointment, we were told that our baby looked perfectly healthy, although the technician said he could not measure the hands, which is not really a big deal. They said that they would compare the ultrasound results along with the blood work results to confirm any presence of risk factors. We did find out that the baby's head, while proportionate to the body, is in the 90th percentile! Yikes! 






No comments:

Post a Comment