Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Wednesday 20 March 2013

20 Weeks!!!!!

March 15th-March 21st

20 Weeks-Banana baby

 Size of baby:  Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)

My baby this week:   He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).
Sleep: Getting harder and harder to get a good night's sleep now that baby is growing so much. I feel a lot of pain and pressure when I lay down and it is hard to find a position that is comfortable. I'm still getting up once or twice a night to pee. 

Best Moment of the Week: Not baby related-but going to a party with my friends!

Movement: Yes-baby's movements feel bigger and are not just little flutters. Some days he moved more than others. Excited for when other people can feel him move too! 

Food cravings: Can't say I've really been having any cravings this week. 

Gender: BOY!

What I Miss:  The occasional beer or glass of wine. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: Doing my baby registry. 

Milestones: Feeling baby's bigger movements. 

Emotions: It's been a rough week. I have a sinus infection and I've been extremely uncomfortable. I'm really not enjoying pregnancy much. 

Symptoms: Nausea, vomiting, bleeding gums, exhaustion, heart burn. 



No comments:

Post a Comment