Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Sunday 10 March 2013

19 Weeks!!!!

March/7/2013-March/14/2013

19 Weeks-Heirloom Tomato Baby!!!!!


Size of baby:  Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato.

My baby this week: Your baby's sensory development is exploding! His brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that he may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to him, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.  His arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of his body now. His kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on his scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on his skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.
Maternity Clothes: Yes, still holding on to those few non-maternity clothes that still fit.

Sleep: Every night I toss and turn for a while trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in, which is getting harder and harder. Still getting up twice to pee and I have been so tired that I can't seem to get enough sleep. 

Best Moment of the Week: Finding out we are having a son!!!!!!!!

Movement: Yes-I feel him moving every day, sometimes a lot and sometimes barely at all. Can't wait until I can feel his little hands and feet. 

Food cravings: Pink lemonade...can't get enough. 

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

What I Miss:  Being able to go out with friends to the bar or to go dancing. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: The detailed anatomy scan on Friday. 

Milestones: Finding out the gender!

Emotions: Less patient than usual...my poor husband. 

Symptoms:  Nausea, vomiting, acne, round-ligament pains, heartburn. 








No comments:

Post a Comment