Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Sunday 31 March 2013

Bassinet

March/28/2013

21 weeks 6 days

So I love bargain shopping and I have been able to buy most of the baby stuff from Craigslist, Value Village, discount stores, and local thrift shops. 

Second-hand shopping just seems like the best option because everything I buy is a small fraction of the normal price and is either brand-new or in great condition. Plus, I know that my son will only wear or use his clothes and toys for such a small amount of time that it seems so silly to spend thousands of dollars on stuff like that. 

I am going to shop around for deals and save my money for other important things that my baby boy will need. 

This week I was at Walmart and I saw a really nice bassinet on sale from $75 down to $50. I strongly considered buying it but I ended up going to Value Village instead. As I was checking out (I bought shoes and a vest), I saw the same bassinet that I saw in Walmart that someone had just donated! I got the manager to price it for me and I was lucky enough to get it for only $30 and in excellent condition!

All it needs is a wash and a wipe down and it is good to go! 

The one in the pic has owls on it, but the one that I bought has little sheep! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment