Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Sunday 31 March 2013

22 Weeks!!!!!

March 29th-April 4th

22 Weeks-Papaya baby! 
How Far Along: 22 weeks-Baby boy will be here in 15-20 weeks <3. 

Size of baby:  Your baby has stretched to the size of a spaghetti squash and weighs almost a pound. (Length: nearly 11 inches.)

My baby this week:   At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.  If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

Best Moment of the Week: Scoring so many awesome baby deals! 

Sleep: I have been sleeping better with my Snoogle pillow, as it relieves some of the pain and pressure from my pelvis. I am still getting up twice in the mornings to pee and usually once before I fall asleep.

Movement: Yes: I've been feeling him move multiple times a day, everyday. 

Food cravings: Still no real cravings. I'm probally not eating as much as I should be, but I just have no appetite and nothing sounds good. 

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

What I Miss: I miss being able to wear my cute spring clothes! I need to go shopping for some more maternity clothes. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: Making it to 24 weeks-the age of viability!

Milestones: Feeling baby's big movements every day! 

Emotions: I think I've been pretty good this week. 

Symptoms:  Nausea, vomiting, acne, heartburn, pelvic pain, round-ligament pain. 





No comments:

Post a Comment