Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Sunday 3 March 2013

2D and 3D Gender Scan!

March/2/2013

Gender Ultrasound!!!!!!!!!

Today is the day that I had been waiting for and dreaming about for months! 

My husband and I went to Bellingham along with the baby's godparents and went to First Impressions 3D Prenatal Ultrasound. We arrived thirty minutes early and we were able to be seen immediately. The clinic was beautiful-so nicely furnished and the ultrasound room had a big screen TV that we could see the baby on! The whole office was spotless and comfortable and very welcoming. 

So my scan was supposed to only be 10-15 minutes, but we ended up being there for at least an hour because the baby would not cooperate and was not moving enough to show off the goods. I ended up having to lay on each side and even then the baby would not move much! The ultrasound tech got a little peek of what she thought was boy parts but she wasn't sure. So the ultrasound tech went upstairs and brought me a snack bar and a bottle of cold water. After walking around, eating, and drinking, the baby finally cooperated enough for the technician to confirm that we are having a baby BOY!!!! At that point, we brought the godparents into the room and they got to see the baby in action and then the technician showed them our son in all his glory. At that point, our son was spread eagle showing himself quite clearly! 

We were lucky enough to leave with a DVD of the whole session, as well as a CD with 26 3D and 2D images and 3 3D and 3 2D pics! 

I am still in a state of shock. I would not believe that it was a boy until she had 100% confirmed that all his boy bits are there. It still has not set in that I am having a boy. When I first got pregnant, my husband and I thought that we were having a boy but then my feelings started to change and I was sure that I was having a girl. Also, most old wives tales and almost all my family and friends said we were having a girl. Now I have to keep saying him and calling him by name to remind myself that I am having a little boy and not a little girl. 

After our scan, we went out for Mexican food for lunch, which is my favorite!!!!! Then we went shopping at Ross, Carters, OshKosh, Coach, and a little store that sells cookware. We bought our son lots of clothes and then I got a new Coach purse and hubby got a new frying pan, so we all left happy! 

After shopping, we went to a trendy burger bar for dinner and then we were on our way home! It was a long day, but a great one! 


Baby's heart rate is a perfect 150 BPM!

3D pic of our baby all curled up!

2D pic side profile!

Our announcement pic! 

I pained my nails pink and green to get ready for my ultrasound! Ironically, there are more green than pink nails! 

The clothes we bought for our son! 

No comments:

Post a Comment