Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Friday 1 March 2013

18 Weeks!!!!!

March/1/2013-March/6/2013

18 Weeks-Mango Baby!!!!!

Size of baby:  Head to rump, my baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and the baby weighs almost 7 ounces.

My baby this week: He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

Maternity Clothes: Yes. I can still fit into some pre-pregnancy clothes. 
Sleep: The same as usual-I sleep between 8-10 hours a day but I get up once or twice to pee. 

Best Moment of the Week: Feeling the baby move! 

Movement: Finally felt the baby move a few days ago! It felt like the baby pressed their little hand on the inside of my tummy and I've been feeling flutters. 

Food cravings: I haven't had many cravings this week. 

Gender: We find out tomorrow!!!! 

What I Miss: Being able to go out with my friends. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: The 3D gender scan tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Milestones: Feeling the baby move. 

Emotions: Had a tough week at work...I feel like my patience is weaning. 

Symptoms:  Skin seems to be clearing up now and I'm less nauseous. I'm still throwing up most mornings though and getting a lot of round ligament pains. 





No comments:

Post a Comment