Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Friday 28 June 2013

34 Weeks!!!!!

June 21st-June 27th 

Size of baby: Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. (Actually he weighs over six pounds now!)

My baby this week: His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

Sleep: Sleep has been horrible this week. I don't know why, but all of a sudden, it takes me a long time to fall asleep and I can't stay asleep. I toss and turn all night and I wake up constantly. 

Best Moment of the Week:  Getting to see my baby again on the ultrasound and know that he is healthy. 

Movement: Baby has been moving around a lot and sometimes the movements take my breath away and are painful because of how big he is getting. 

Food cravings:  I've been on an orange juice kick this week. Can't get enough!

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

What I Miss: Being able to go out with my friends. It's not the same now that I'm pregnant and I can't go a lot of places my friends go. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: Making it another week closer to baby's arrival!

Milestones: The baby is now practicing his breathing, which we got to see on the ultrasound. 

Emotions: This week has been harder because I am so tired from not sleeping. I am getting soooo uncomfortable.

Symptoms: Nausea, vomiting, cramps, round ligament pain, heartburn, exhaustion, back pain, pelvic pain. 






No comments:

Post a Comment