Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Monday 10 June 2013

31 Weeks!!!!!

May 31st-June 6th
How Far Along: 31 weeks!!!  Only 6 more weeks until full term and 9 until due date!

Size of baby: This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt.

My baby this week:   He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

Sleep: I have a sinus infection, which is making it hard to breathe and harder to sleep. Still getting up at least twice to pee. No matter how much sleep I get, I am still tired. If I have to get up early, I am totally wiped all day!

Best Moment of the Week: On Sunday, Jamie and I went over to his mom's house and we had a little baby shower. It was really nice and nana and papa bought the baby a beautiful swing that we are so excited to use! 

Movement: Baby boy has been active every day, which is so wonderful. I will miss feeling these kicks when he is born. Now it feels like he is sticking his butt up into my stomach and putting his feet up near my ribs-not so comfortable. 

Food cravings: Seems to change every week-still no consistant food cravings. 

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

What I Miss: Being able to walk around as much as I want or exercise. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: My next midwife appointment and ultrasound on June 11th! 

Milestones: Not much longer until d-day! 

Emotions: Been feeling kind of miserable shut up in the house all the time-but it's what is best for the baby so I bear with it. 

Symptoms: This week I add a sinus infection to the list of nausea, vomiting, cramps, heartburn, pelvic pain, round ligament pain ect. 






No comments:

Post a Comment