Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Monday 8 July 2013

35 Weeks!!!!!

June 28th-July 4th 

How Far Along: 35 weeks!!!  Only 5 weeks left! 


Size of baby:  Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon).

My baby this week:   Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

Sleep: Jamie has been spending some nights sleeping in the living room, which means I get the bed all to myself. Even so, it's hot and stuffy and I'm big and uncomfortable. So...sleep isn't great.  

Best Moment of the Week: There are a few-I got to spend time with all the family this week, which was nice. 

Movement: Because he doesn't have much room anymore, his movements mostly feel like he is pressing his body parts against my stomach, which is really uncomfortable and somewhat painful. 

Food cravings: I've been loving popsicles lately and eating as many as four a day! Good thing they are non-fat, low cal!

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

What I Miss: Being able to move with ease.  

What I'm Looking Forward To: Looking forward to my next set of appointments and seeing how much the baby has grown in two weeks. 

Milestones: Lasting this long and without going into preterm labor. 

Emotions: Torn between excitement and apprehension of the baby's upcoming arrival and annoyance and impatience that pregnancy is so long! 

Symptoms:  Nausea, vomiting (has gotten worse lately), cramps, round ligament pain, back pain, foot aches, pelvic pain, heart burn. 




No comments:

Post a Comment