Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Baby Shower

June 23rd 2013

34 weeks, 2 days

Today was the day of my baby shower. My mom and best friend hosted it and it turned out amazing! The theme was "ready to pop!" The house was decorated with lots of white, blue, and green balloons, a banner, and a photo booth! There was even a photographer there taking pics, which was awesome! 

My mom made all of the food and my friend had this incredible cake made for me! 

We played a few games. First, we had to sample four different kinds of baby food and guess what they were. I can definitely say that I will never be feeding my son the green bean flavor, as it was just nasty! Secondly, we played a game where we were split into teams and we had to come up with as many baby boy J names in 3 minutes as we could. My team won with 40 names! Thirdly, in our teams, we had to diaper one person using a roll of toilet paper. Although my team lost, I thought we had fashioned a pretty good diaper! 

After games, Jamie and I got to open presents, which took awhile as baby got so many lovely gifts! We could barely fit everything into our jeep! 

Overall, it was such a great day and my husband and I are forever grateful to my mom and my friend for hosting such a fabulous event! 





No comments:

Post a Comment