Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Tuesday 11 June 2013

8th Midwife Appointment

June 11th 2013

32 weeks 4 days

Today I went in for my biweekly check up. Not much happened at this appointment and I forgot to ask the questions that I had prepared lol.

We discussed the meds I'm taking for my sinus infection and that I should continue with my inhaler and nasal spray throughout the rest of the pregnancy so I don't have any more allergy flare ups. I told her my antibiotics don't seem to be working and she said to take them for a few more days and then go back to the doctor for another prescription. 

The midwife took my blood pressure, which was excellent like usual. I weighed myself and I gained one pound in the last two weeks so that is pretty good. The midwife also measured my uterus, which was measuring at 34 weeks. I am always measuring between 1-3 weeks ahead so no surprise there. She measured the baby's heart rate, which was 148 BPM and she said he is head down and bum up! So I was right when I thought I felt him push his bum up into my stomach and move his feet over by my ribs. 

I asked the midwife what the doctor had said about the possibility of me being prepared for an early birth and she said that if I have ANY signs of labor to get to the hospital right away to get the steroid shots to mature the baby's lungs. I told her that it is really hard for me to know what contractions feel like as supposed to all of the general discomfort, braxton hicks, and random contractions I feel. But I remain, as ever, on high alert for any signs of labor. 

Afterwards, I booked the rest of my pre-natal appointments which is exciting to know it's so close!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment