Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Saturday 22 June 2013

33 Weeks!!!!!

June 14th-June 20th 

How Far Along: 33 weeks!!!  Only 4 more weeks until full term and 7 until due date!


Size of baby: This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (half a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. 

My baby this week: He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a cone head-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

Sleep: It is getting more difficult to get a good night's sleep as I am getting more and more uncomfortable and large lol!

Best Moment of the Week: My husband was on vacation this week so I got to spend lots of quality time with him!  

Movement: Baby boy moves around lots everyday, although some days he is a lot more active than others. Unfortunately, he is getting so big now that many of his movements are painful and make me wince. It feels like he is running out of room and now I can always tell where he is laying because I can feel his back or his bum pressed up against my stomach. 

Food cravings: Still no cravings and still have a lack of appetite like I've had my whole pregnancy. 

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

What I Miss: Feeling young-I feel so geriatric these days as I can barely walk. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: My baby shower on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milestones: Although it was really painful, the baby dropped twice this week. So I guess that means that he is preparing himself for his grand entrance. 

Emotions: It's been a really rough week and I cried a couple times. I am SO uncomfortable and in pain and I've been feeling like I don't know how I am going to make it another 6 ish weeks. Just when I think that things can't get any more uncomfortable, they do and it is really frustrating. I wish I was one of those pregnant women who cherish every moment of gestating but the honest truth is that I am miserable. And then that makes me feel guilty because I know I have a beautiful, healthy son and that my pregnancy is so much easier than others. Also, I don't forget that there are thousands of women who spend years of their lives and thousands of dollars to have the same privilege as me. I try and remember every day that no matter how hard things get, each day of pregnancy is a blessing. 

Symptoms: Nausea, vomiting, round ligament pain, cramping, back pain, exhaustion, pelvic pain.





No comments:

Post a Comment