Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Tuesday 28 May 2013

30.4 Week Ultrasound!

May 28th 2013

Today was an exciting day! I finally got to see my baby boy and see how much he has grown since our last ultrasound ten and a half weeks ago. 

Jamie and I went to this really swanky fetal medicine clinic and we sat in a small room with a flat screen TV in front of the bed where we were able to watch the entire ultrasound! The technician was great and she measured all of his body parts as well as his fluid levels. Also, she checked his cord, his kidneys, and his heart. The doctor said that he is looking great and that all of his body parts are measuring in the correct percentile. Baby is already estimated to weigh close to 4.5 pounds which is HUGE! Although an ultrasound at this point in pregnancy can often be wrong about the weight of the baby-but still...he's almost 5 pounds now!!!! 

The bad news is that he is head down right on my cervix and my cervix is stressed. The doctor told me that I need to have another follow up ultrasound in 2-3 weeks to determine if my cervix has shortened. If it has, the doctor told me that my midwives would then need to prepare me for an early birth. So...I'm not sure what will happen when I go back but I was told to take it easy for the time being. The ultrasound was great, but now I'm worrying about my increased risks for premature birth. 

Baby's nose and mouth

Baby's Foot

Baby's fist and face

Baby's head and face with his mouth open

Side profile of baby

No comments:

Post a Comment