Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Friday 24 May 2013

7th Midwife Appointment Part 1.

May 23 2013

29 weeks 6 days

So today I went for my seventh midwife appointment armed with lots of questions and excited to learn how much my baby has grown. Unfortunately after waiting about 10 minutes, I was told that my midwife had to rush to the hospital as the on-call midwife was sick and unable to go. 

So I was able to have a quick mini checkup. I weighed myself and I was so relieved to see that I hadn't gained a single pound since my last appointment three weeks ago! So far, I'm up a total of 10 pounds and I hope not to gain too much more during these last ten weeks. The midwife checked my blood pressure, which was good as usual and she checked the baby. She was able to feel his head and back and said that he was head down and in a great position! Also, he is measuring at 31-32 weeks-ahead as usual. His heart rate was 150 BPM just like last time! 

I expressed my concerns that he has always been measuring ahead and that at my detailed anatomy scan, the tech was unable to measure his hands. Thankfully, the midwife ordered me another ultrasound so hopefully I will be able to go within the next week or two. 

I rescheduled my appointment for Tuesday so hopefully then I will be able to ask all of my questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment