Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Friday 17 May 2013

29 Weeks!!!!!


May 17th-May 23rd

How Far Along: 29 weeks!!!  Only 8 more weeks until full term and 11 until due date!

Size of baby: Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel.

My baby this week:  His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.


Sleep: Same old, same old. It takes a while to get comfortable and I wake up a couple times to pee. 

Best Moment of the Week:  Feeling him kick up a storm every morning and night and watching the delight on my husband's face when he gets to feel the baby!

Movement: Baby has been moving around like crazy!!!!

Food cravings: Been indulging in ice cream lately...have to have it every day!

Gender: BOY!!!!!

What I Miss: Work...I actually miss going to work because I like to be busy, but I know that being off my feet is what I need to do to keep baby boy healthy. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: Next week, my baby will have completed 75% of his stay in the womb hotel!

Milestones: Baby is over 3 pounds! 

Emotions: Pretty stable, although there are times I succumb to laughing/crying fits!

Symptoms:  Same old symptoms, except this week I have been getting some major braxton hicks.





No comments:

Post a Comment