Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Friday 19 July 2013

11th Midwife Appointment

July 17th 2013

37 weeks 4 days

So today I went to see the midwife for my weekly check up. We talked about preparation for birth. 

Basically we reviewed the stages of labor and what happens during those stages, what to expect, when to call the midwife ect.

We also talked about what to do if my labor is super fast and I can't get to the hospital in time. Basically, I was instructed to lay down on my side to slow contractions and to call 911 while I wait for the midwife. In the handout, there are also instructions on how to deliver the baby myself. 

It seems that the baby has slowed down in growth, as my uterus was only measuring 38 weeks! Also, my blood pressure remains excellent and my weight seems to have plateaued at 13 pounds. The baby's heart rate was 130 BPM and he continues to present head down and on my right side. His head is engaged in my pelvis so now it's just a waiting game...

No comments:

Post a Comment