Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Thursday 25 July 2013

When I Was Born: My Mom's Account

I went to the hospital in the morning.. went up to my labour room… they spent some time hooking me up and giving me pitocin…

 Then when every thing was hooked up… they gave me a stack of magazines to look at to kill time.. your dad was there… they told him he might as well go to work because it was going to take awhile.

 So he left and I got comfortable and started to look through the very first magazine… next thing I knew my water broke. The nurse came in and I told her and she checked and said yep your water broke.

 I never even got to finish looking through the first magazine because the pain came almost at once. All back pain.  The doctor had been there and checked me out and then she left to go back to her office. They called her and told her to get  back right away.

 They also called your dad and told him he better get there too. He was at his office panicking because he couldn't find his car keys. He had everyone in his office looking for his keys before realizing they were in his pocket. Once he got to the hospital, he told the nurses he needed to get something to eat because he's diabetic. She threw him an orange. 

 It was all kinda fuzzy because the pain was rather intense and really not much break in between. Next thing I know your dad is there the doctor is there and I'm going into the labour room.

 It was over quickly. No time for drugs… just the gas which I would not let them take…

No comments:

Post a Comment