Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Thursday 25 July 2013

12th Midwife Appointment

July 23rd 2013

38 weeks 4 days 

Well my appointment today was really uneventful. We saw our favourite midwife, who is the one that leads the clinic. 

Baby seems to have slowed down in his growth and my fundal height measurement finally matches the number of weeks I am. Also, my blood pressure continues to be good and my weight gain has stalled this whole month. I have been gaining one pound and then losing it the next week so my total gain so far is 12 pounds! The baby's heart rate continues to be good and he has remained head down and on the right side of my uterus. Because labor tends to be less painful and shorter when the baby is on the left side, the midwife gave me a series of exercises to try every day to try and get the baby to turn. Also, she recommended acupuncture, so I am going to be trying that for the first time on Saturday. 

The plan is to cancel my scheduled C section at 40 weeks, and to be induced at 41 weeks if the baby still hasn't been born yet. I'm REALLY REALLY DESPERATELY hoping it doesn't come to that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment