Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Wednesday 31 July 2013

O.B. Appointment

July 29th 2013

39 weeks 3 days 

Well I definitely did not think that I was going to still be pregnant at this appointment so I was disappointed that I even had to go. Also, I had to wait for an HOUR, which really pissed me off because that is an extra hour of sleep that I really would have benefited from. 

I only saw the O.B. for about 15 minutes. She measured and felt my belly and listened to the heart rate, which was about 140 BPM. She checked my blood pressure-which was pretty good as well. The O.B. checked my cervix and said I was about 1.5 cm dilated. She then did a stretch and sweep, which opened my cervix to 2-3 cm. She was also able to feel the baby's head and said that my cervix was shortening and thinning-basically it's doing what it's supposed to. 

I discussed my feelings of anxiety with her and she said that she would book me an appointment for three days after my due date and we can discuss an induction then depending on what my cervix is doing. So that is encouraging. 

The membrane sweep left me with some cramping and spotting, but that is totally normal. I was really hoping I would be one of those women who would go into labor within 24 hours, so I decided I would go home and try a bunch of natural induction methods. Well...despite trying several things, the baby decided he wasn't ready yet! 

So...I may just make it to my next O.B. appointment...shudder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment