Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Sunday 4 August 2013

13th Midwife Appointment

August 1st 

39 weeks 6 days 

Well this appointment wasn't even worth going to and I left in tears! 

The midwife checked my blood pressure, listened to the heart beat, and measured my belly. Blood pressure was good, the HR was 140 BPM, and I was measuring at 39 weeks. 

She talked about induction, as the O.B. mentioned inducing me the next Friday depending on how my cervix was progressing. Since I was 2-3 cm dilated, she said that I may be able to skip the ripening gel and go straight to the oxytocin! That would definitely shorten the process. 

I was supposed to get another cervix check and a membrane sweep, but the midwife couldn't even reach my cervix so I left with nothing-feeling really angry that I had to miss out on something that could have jump started my labor. 


No comments:

Post a Comment