Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Friday 19 April 2013

24 Weeks!!!!!

April 11th-April 18th

24 Weeks-Eggplant baby! 


How Far Along: 24 weeks!  Only 3 weeks until the third trimester!

Size of baby:  Almost a foot long (length of an ear of corn) and weighs over a pound.

My baby this week:   Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Sleep: Laying down is more uncomfortable as the baby gets bigger. Sleep has been pretty rough this week. 

Best Moment of the Week:  Feeling the baby KICK! 

Movement: Yes, I am feeling the baby move every day now and I finally felt my first kick! 

Food cravings:  No particular cravings.

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

What I Miss: Having energy. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: More sunny days and the arrival of summer! 

Milestones: Making it to the age of viability! At 24 weeks, the baby can survive outside the womb with medical assistance. 

Emotions: I've felt a huge sense of relief now that my baby is viable. Other than that, I've been feeling pretty normal. 

Symptoms:  Nausea, vomiting, heart burn, acne, exhaustion. 






No comments:

Post a Comment