Pink and Green Elephants

My photo
British Columbia, Canada
I'm starting this blog so I can record the amazing, exciting, and nerve-racking journey through pregnancy to parenthood

Sunday 10 February 2013

15 weeks!!!!!

15 Weeks-Avacado Baby!

Feb/8/2013-Feb/14/2013


Size of baby:  My growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple).

My baby this week: He's busy moving amniotic fluid through his nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in his lungs begin to develop. His legs are growing longer than his arms now, and he can move all of his joints and limbs. Although his eyelids are still fused shut, he can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, he's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but he is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.").

Maternity Clothes: Yes and I just went and bought some more tops and sweaters. I'm looking forward to all the cute summer dresses and capris! I can still fit into some of my pre-baby clothes though. 

Sleep: Still having crazy dreams and getting up once or twice to pee. Sleeping between 8-10 hours a night but still really tired most days. 

Best Moment of the Week: Feeling like i "popped" and I look pregnant and not just fat. 

Movement: I swear I feel something but I can't be sure what it is yet. 

Food cravings: Fruit, random stuff. 

Gender: We find out on March 2nd! The day cannot come soon enough. 

What I Miss:  Being able to eat all the time with an appetite. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: Feeling the baby move. 

Milestones: Officially making it into the second trimester according to every book and online resource. 

Emotions: Really cranky, starting to get frustrated. 

Symptoms:  Exhaustion, nausea, vomiting, acne, headaches, gas pains, shortness of breath. 





No comments:

Post a Comment